Nothing is more precious than the safety of your children. At TECC Security, we are committed to providing you with everything you need to keep your children safe from the dangers of theft, fire, carbon monoxide and a host of other threats. Listed below are some helpful tips that will help you maximize their safety and security.
- If your children are old enough and responsible enough to be home alone without adult supervision, be sure they know these safety essentials:
- The fire escape route.
- Where emergency phone numbers and rules are posted.
- Basic first-aid skills.
- Safe route home from school.
- Make sure your children know who is allowed in the home while you are away, and how to check an individual’s identity before opening the door.
- If children are allowed to prepare and eat food while you are away, teach them how to do it safely.
- When your children play outside, be sure they know exactly what their physical boundaries are and how to react to strangers.