Effective January 1, 2007, all alarm businesses operating within the City of Appleton must obtain an alarm permit. TECC Security Systems, Inc. has obtained this permit and will continue to serve our Appleton customers.
The reason for the alarm permit is to insure alarm dealers who operate within the City of Appleton are committed to the reduction of false alarms. TECC Security Systems, Inc. is dedicated to working with the City of Appleton, home and business owner to insure our firefighters and police officers are not busy responding to false alarms and are available for real emergencies.
If a TECC Security Systems, Inc. customer is located in the City of Appleton, and has the police respond to a false alarm, the following fines will be charged within the calendar year:
- First two false alarms – No Charge
- Third, fourth and fifth false alarms – $75.00
- Sixth, seventh and eighth false alarms – $150.00
- Ninth, tenth, and eleventh false alarms – $300.00
- Twelfth and subsequent false alarms $600.00
Furthermore, in cases where the alarm user has 12 or more false alarms within a 6 month period the Police Department may suspend response until the user submits written confirmation to the Chief of the Police or designee that the alarm system has been inspected and repaired, if necessary, and/or additional measures have been taken to reduce the number of false alarms at that location.
You can obtain more information on Alarm Business Permits for the City of Appleton as well as false alarm reduction by visiting their website at:
- http://www.appleton.org/departments/clerk/forms/ and click on: “Application for Alarm Business Permit”
- http://www.appleton.org/departments/clerk/forms/Alarm%20Business%20Permit%20Ap plication.pdf